Bus transport for people with reduced mobility
Disabled or elderly people who can not travel alone on public transport or by car may use our dedicated transport service. This service is provided by specifically equipped vehicles including the transportation of people in wheelchairs
Who can benefit from this special bus transport?
The following people can benefit from Adapto services:
- people with reduced mobility who need to use a wheelchair, rollator or walking frame to move;
- blind or very visually impaired people;
- people with respiratory failure needing oxygen continuously or at home;
- People with dementia or a mental or intellectual disability such that they cannot use public transport without the assistance of a third party.
The age of the applicant is not a criterion for obtaining the access card. The application form must be sent to the “MDDI” along with a medical certificate.
This form is available:
- at the “MMTP”, “Département des transports” (Transport Department), “Direction des transports” (Public Transport Directorate)
- on www.adapto.lu
- or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- from Info-Handicap
- from an authorised transport provider
People will receive an access card that will allow them to use these transport services. These services are used for occasional travel purposes. The limit is set at 15 uses max. per month. The transport services are offered within the territory of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. The journeys may be combined with those of other clients; clients may not necessarily be transported individually.
- from Sunday (or public holidays) to Thursday: 7 am to 10 pm
- Friday and Saturday: 7 am to midnight
- 24th December: transport end time: 8 pm
Clients must get a ticket from the driver at the start of the journey.
Single ticket: € 5 per person
Return ticket (same day): € 8 per person.
The driver can assist travellers to get in and out of the vehicle. Users may be accompanied by a person who will pay the same rate. Transportation must be ordered well in advance, at least 1-2 working days before.
Bookings are made by phone, fax or email. Hearing-impaired/mute clients may send an SMS.
Phone : +352 23 62 62 00
Fax : +352 23 62 63 19
E-mail : email@example.com
SMS : +352 691 456 200
(These numbers are valid for bookings from Sales-Lentz for any destination, departing from the transport operation area).